The Association of Nigerian Authors instituted the Literary Journalist of the Year Prize in 2004 to stimulate growth and excellence in literary journalism as practiced in Nigeria.
For the award of the prize for the year 2012, ANA hereby call for entries from interested literary journalists (print media) across the country under the following guidelines:
– Photocopies of ten (10) different articles, features, essays, interviews etc culled from published literary or art pages in any Nigerian newspaper or magazine bearing the byline of the entrant, selected from November 2011 to date are required as one valid entry.
– The selected pieces must be spread across the period in view.
– Care must be taken to ensure that the photocopies are readable with each page bearing the newspaper or magazine name and date when the said pieces were published.
– Each of the ten (10) pieces should be in 4 copies.
– Entries with a covering letter should be sent to
The General Secretary,
Association of Nigerian Authors,
Suite 63, Entrance B,
National Theatre Complex,
not later than 23rd October, 2012.
A panel of judges made up of distinguished veteran media, culture and literary personalities would, among other things, assess the entries on style, flair for balanced reportage, the breadth of literary activities reported in the period under review and their impact on the development of creative writing and the reading culture in the country.